Esie is an independent and autonomous town situated on a hill some fifty three kilometers South-East of Ilorin. The town is in Irepodun local government area of Kwara State. Territorially, it has physical boundaries with Oloro to the North-West, Eleju to the West, Alapa to the South-West, Onigbesi to the East, and Eledidi to the North-East.
• Traditional or Indigenous gods
• Saint Michael Primary School
• Saint Michael Nursery Primary School
• Jamaat Nurul Islam Community Primary School
• Esie/Iludun Anglican Grammar School
• Esie/Iludun Government Technical College
• Community High School Esie
INFRASTRUCTURES AND SOCIAL AMENITIES:
• Health Center of The University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital
• Esie Post Office
• Esie Town Hall
• Esie Museum
• United Bank of Africa, Esie
Some developments in Esie
- 1929 – Saint Michael Primary School Esie was established.
- 1945 – Esie museum was established.
- 1947 – Esie community built the first automobile bridge over Osin River in Esie.
- 1960 – Jamaat Nurul Islam Community Primary School, Esie was established.
- 1960 – Esie/Iludun Anglican Grammar School was established.
- 1968 – Esie electricity project through community effort was completed and commissioned.
- 1975 – Esie/Iludun Government Technical College was established.
- 1978 – Esie Town Hall built through self-help project.
- 1981 – Esie Community High School Esie was established.
- 1992 – Tarring of township roads in Esie through community self-help efforts.
- 2005 – Esie Post Office completed and commissioned.
Omo Ibile Esie, North America is a member organization, non-profit, non-political and non-religious, but with bias for social, economic, educational, moral and cultural development of the fatherland - Esie.
Our aims and objectives are:
- To foster unity, understanding and peaceful co-existence among all indigenes, descendants and spouses of Esie living in the North America.
- To give assistance and moral support to members to achieve their goals and be somebody in life.
- To work for the rapid and orderly socio-economic development of Esie and to maintain its stability.
- To actively solicit funds and aids towards the development of Esie and its environs;
- To preserve and develop the cultural, traditional and moral values of Esie people.
- To promote programs and undertake activities that will enhance rapid, steady and orderly development of Esie.